On the 29th of September, the FEMM Hub held their first online quarterly meeting. Over 25 of our researchers and advisory board members met via Webex from 10:30-3:30 for a series of presentations. Hub Director, Professor Geraint Jewell kicked off the meeting with a presentation detailing hub progress which included our successful monthly project meetings and annual report. Each of the grand challenges then presented an update for the group including our newest grand challenge project GC2.5.
- FEMM Hub presents paper on robotic placement of magnets at recent Electric Drives Production Conference
- FEMM Hub Industrial Case Study – Process monitoring and inspection to improve defect detection in terminations
- FEMM Hub Focus on Cross Cutting theme – Sustainable manufacturing of electrical machine components for the circular economy
- New Investigator Award for FEMM researcher Dr Xiao Chen
- New FEMM journal paper published in the Journal of Manufacturing Systems